Evening! Hope everyone has had, or is having, a good Friday. Today was a beautiful Spring day here, the daffodils will soon be in flower – that’s if the cold weather predicted for next week doesn’t kill them first!
I managed to fulfil yesterday’s challenge to myself – to complete this week’s
Magnolia vs Stampavie challenge, which is a sketch.
After last week’s dark colours I decided to make this card as Spring-like as possible & i changed the size to a 6×6 square card, so that reduced the proportions a little. No matter how I tried, I could not get a good pic of this card. I used both the scanner & the camera but every picture is dull, possibly because the colours are pale. This pic is from the scanner; I changed the setting to ‘Magazine colour’, which scans the image very slowly & it’s the best of a bad lot. I wish you could see all the different tones of green on the striped paper, it’s very pretty.
- Tilda with cupcake – a RAK from a friend, coloured with Whispers pens
- Pale blue & gold backing papers – Papermill
- Swirly patterned paper – Seven Gypsies Touquet
- Striped patterned paper – SEI Chick-a-doo
- Flowers – Prima & Papermania
- Charms – from Jen
- Flowers & swirls (bottom right corner of image) – from a set of Inkadinkadoo clear stamps, also a gift from Jen
- Birthday sentiment – Papermania clear stamp
- Sunflower Yellow & Rocket Red Gold Brilliance inks
- Orange adhesive gems – Kanban
- Green adhesive pearls – Papermania
- Gold ribbon – Crafty Ribbon
Tilda looks a little flushed because she’s been busy baking lots of delicious cupcakes, lol! 🙂 I think I’ll give this to a work colleague whose birthday is two days after mine. Hope she likes it.
Just a short post tonight, because I only managed to visit a few of the blogs I follow last night. The computer was being extremely contrary & kept shutting down, I gave up in the end. It hasn’t been as bad today, so I’m hoping to see all the blogs on my list. If you hear screaming followed by a crash later on, it will be me having a temper tantrum & throwing the laptop out the window!! 🙂 🙂
See you tomorrow, hopefully. Love & light.