To one & all. I can’t quite come to terms with the fact that 2011 is almost over, especially when the weather is as good as it is at the moment. I still have lots of colour in the garden & my roses are blooming for the third time since July.
Today, I’d like to show you a project I made as a Halloween gift. Of course, it wasn’t received until today – great job Royal Mail! Not.Anyway, as is usually the case with my projects, the end result is completely different to what I had initially visualised. I started with quite a solid piece of cardboard, onto which I stamped the spider border, (Hero Arts, I think), with black Archival ink, then blended TH Autumn distress inks in Seedless Preserves & Ripe Persimmon over the border. Have you seen the Autumn distress inks? The colours are gorgeous. Tim announced the release of the new set, Winter, today, you can see them here. If you want them, you better be quick, they won’t be available for long & there will be NO reinkers for them.
Next, I stamped the web, (Hero Arts again), onto black cardstock with a Versamark ink pad, then heat embossed it with silver embossing powder.
The image is from Creative Impressions. I bought it at Ally Pally last year, can’t remember from whom, but it was very cheap & I loved it. I stamped it onto a piece of Kraft cardstock & coloured it with various Promarkers & gold & silver pens, blended more distress inks, covered it with Versamark & heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
It was time then to start thinking about embellishments. I gathered together all sorts of things & spent an age moving them around, adding & taking away as I went. The female faces are from La Blanche, stamped with Versafine Vintage Sepia & embossed. The ‘hats’ are from a 12×12 paper called ‘Uncle Fester’ & the gears are of course, from the TH Ideology range.
The flower is made up of diecuts, cut from PaperArtsy dies. I used silver cardstock, coloured it with Ranger’s alcohol inks, scratched a vague pattern as a border, used an adhesive pearl & some Beadazzles in the centre. The leaves are also from PaperArtsy & the silver leaf flourishes are from Marianne Designs dies. I bought the little brass owl when I was in the US last year, he was perfect for this project.
Finally, I added the sentiment from Kaisercraft; the recipient of this piece is a fluent French speaker, so voila! 🙂 The skeleton is actually an earring, (I used the second one on another project, which I’ll show you on Thursday) & two Ideology tiles attached to jump rings. Two pieces of ribbon & a length of raffia twisted together & attached to the board with a brad & that was it.
I’m happy to say it was received with delight & I feel quite proud of myself. 🙂
Until next time, happy crafting.
Love & light.