Is not necessarily successful. I’ve had some gilding flakes – from Crafty Notions – for ages, but hadn’t used them in a while & I wondered if I could make a striped background with them. There was nothing for it but to grab a tag, some narrow double-sided tag & have a go.
My first step was to blend the distress inks from the winter collection on to the tag. I then used a piece of Cut & Dry foam to wipe some white acrylic paint on top of the inks, reducing the brightness of them a little. I did that a few times then dried the tag with a heat tool. My next step was to sponge some Gathered Twigs DI through some sequin waste on to the tag & stamp some snowflakes onto the tag using Mediterranean Blue Brilliance ink. As the ink dried on the paint, it faded, leaving a very pale image. Which looks better in RL than it does in the photo.
My next idea was to stamp the baubles onto the tag in black Archival ink, then removing the paper over the tape & adding the Copper Thunder gilding flakes. Like the Brilliance ink, the black Archival faded, leaving just a shadow. So I stamped the baubles, ( I think they’re PaperMania), onto white cardstock, using Festive Berries distress ink, cut them out & put them onto the tag, over the original baubles.
I added a flower, a leaf & some embellishments from my stash & that was it. I’m glad I attempted my idea, but I’m not entirely sure I like the end result. Maybe I should have used different flakes, or maybe the distress inks should have been brighter. I will just have to try again & see what I end up with.
Love & light.