One Hundred Posts & Tag No. 1

Published December 1, 2011 by isisimaginings

Happy December 1st! I can’t quite believe it, but this is my 100th blog post!! It seems appropriate somehow to be combining this momentous (!) occasion with Day 1 of Tim Holtz’s 12 Tags of Christmas. The excitement on Twitter last night was immense & by 8 (GMT) this morning goodness knows how many hundreds of thousands of crafters were hunched over their computers ready for the off. And naturally, Tim did not disappoint. To see his beautiful tag & the step-by-step of how he created it, go to his blog, here.

Firstly, and most importantly, I must state that my tag is nowhere near as fabulous as Tim’s. It’s a shocking admission, given that I admire him so much, but apart from his Muse Tokens, I have none of his Christmas products, (I wonder if Santa Claus will read this??), so I was slightly trepidatious. But in his blog post announcing this year’s 12 Tags, Tim said the magic words: “USE WHAT YOU HAVE”. If we’d been in the same room, I would have hugged him.

So, here is my version. No instructions, instead a list of ‘ingredients’ & a few words on one or two features.


Link

  • Core’dinations Whitewash cardstock
  • Tim’s Texture Fades ‘Cracked’
  • Ranger’s Embossing Tinsel ‘Snowflake’

  • Elusive Images ‘Noel’ stamp
  • TH Baubles
  • The trim is supposed to be seam binding, but it’s not, which is why it’s a different colour to Tim’s. The Iced Spruce DI turned the trim a very ugly shade of grey! I remisted it & used Chipped Sapphire DI instead.

  • Marianne Creatables ‘Leaf Swirl’ die
  • PaperArtsy ‘Small Oak Leaf’ & flower dies
  • Core’dinations Whitewash cardstock
  • Banner cut from My Mind’s Eye Christmas Carol 12×12 paper
  • Hat pins from my stash

This flower requires an explanation. It’s the one thing I’m not happy about. Today was the first time I had attempted this technique. I covered white cardstock with Walnut Stain DI, cut two sets of three from PaperArtsy’s medium flower die & then sprayed them with Perfect Pearls ‘Biscotti’ mist. It was after I had put them together that things went haywire. Tim’s instructions called for white paint dabber & Rock Candy Distress Stickles. I had to substitute white acrylic paint for the dabber & that caused a disaster. The paint reacted against the Stickles & turned yellow! On the second, smaller flower I tried Picket Fence Distress stain & that didn’t work either, so I dashed off a few lines & squiggles with my white Signo pen. On the top of the wet Glossy Accents in the centre of the flowers I put some silver Beadazzles.

I had a lovely time making this tag, despite the flower disaster – more practice is definitely required. I’m looking forward to the next eleven days of tags, I’m hoping I’ll be able to come up with enough substitutes. By the way, please excuse the terrible photos, the light is terrible here.

Thank you for visiting. See you tomorrow for Tag 2. Until then, love & light.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: