Chocolate Baroque AlphaTags Swap ‘A’

Published January 27, 2012 by isisimaginings


It’s Friday!  I hope the week has been good to you.

Today, I’d like to show you a tag.  It’s my first contribution to the AlphaTags swap at the Chocolate Baroque forum.  The swap runs until December & each month we make two tags – except for two months when we’ll make three.  The finished tags are swapped with other members & at the end of the year we will have a tag book filled with gorgeous creations.  Over Christmas & the New Year I started an alphabetical list of colours, items, subjects, techniques, etc.  I’m still having problems with a few letters –  X & Z stand out 🙂 – but the lists are quite long for others.  So without further ado, here is ‘A’.

A is for:

  • ART
  • Amber
  • Aquamarine
  • ATC
  • Acrylic paints
  • Alcohol paints

Ingredients:

  • Acrylic paints
  • Alcohol inks – Sail Boat Blue, Butterscotch, Espresso,
  • Tissue paper
  • Chocolate Baroque ‘Textured Fragments’ stamps collection
  • UTEE
  • PaperArtsy flower & leaf dies
  • Ribbons from my stash
  • TH Idea-ology tassel
  • Hampton Art mini alphabet stamps

I began by layering orange & blue paints on the tag.  I used Picket Fence distress stain on the layers, heat setting each time until I decided there was enough.  After stamping the decorated window on to tissue paper with Stazon, I covered the painted tag with PVA glue, put the tissue paper on top & crinkled it over the tag.  This was something I first tried during Sir Tim of Holtz’s 12 Tags of Christmas 2011, on Tag #12.







When the glue had dried I decided I didn’t like how the tag looked.  The paint underneath the tissue paper was too pale & flat, so out came the alcohol inks.  I smooshed them all over the tag a few times, letting each layer dry.  The gold mixative gave the tag a lovely sheen.




Once the background was done & trust me, it took HOURS :), I finished the rest of the tag quite quickly.  I used Elusive Images to make the ATC & stamped the quote, (by Anne Tucker) on to white card stock, which I then coloured with distress inks.  When the words were in place I drew around them with a fine liner black pen, which made them stand out.  The UTEE flowers were coloured with alcohol inks, I wanted to give the impression they were pieces of amber  & the ribbon on the bottom of the tag was coloured with Spiced Marmalade DI, then stamped with another of the Textured Fragments stamps, as were the leaves under the top flower.

Now, all I have to do is hope the person who receives this tag likes it.  Thanks for looking, have a great weekend.  Until next time,

Love & light.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: