Greetings to one & all. Here is my third tag for the Chocolate Baroque AlphaTag swap.
C is for:
- Chocolate Baroque ‘Punky Romance’ stamp collection
- Crackle paint – Peeled Paint
- Distress inks – Peeled Paint, Seedless Preserves
- Brilliance ink – Cosmic Copper
- Copper & silver acrylic paints
- Hearty modeling clay
- Tim Holtz Alterations die – Regal Crest
- TH gears, clock hands
- Clock parts from CalicoCrafts.co.uk
- Artistic Stamper bottle stamps
- Hampton Art mini alphabet stamps
- Archival ink, Versamark, shrink plastic, gesso, clear embossing powder, jump rings, ribbons
I used Sir Tim’s Crackle Resist technique for the background. You can watch the YouTube video HERE. I added the white circles using the lid of a small paint tube & gesso.
To make the flower clock I stamped into the modelling clay & left to dry – Hearty clay is very light & is air dry in 24 hours. NOTE: Brilliance inks do NOT dry on the clay. When I realised this, I pressed the flower into my Versamark ink pad, covered it with clear EP, then heat set. The wings behind the crest are also from the Punky Romance collection. I stamped them with Momento London Fog & painted them with mixed silver & copper paints.
This is the second time in a week that I’ve used shrink plastic, actually the second time since I started crafting. I’ve always been slightly wary of it, for some bizarre reason, but now that I’ve had a go, I can see lots of possibilities. After shrinking the bottle I added a few tiny clock parts to the back with Glossy Accents. It looks ok, but I may change it for the clear bottle.
After living with this tag for a while I covered the crest with copper acrylic paint & it looked much better. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a photo of the tag before I mailed it, so you’ll just have to take my word for it.
Thanks for looking.
Love & light.