PaperArtsy Challenge–Inspired by Darcy Wilkinson

Published June 1, 2013 by isisimaginings

Greetings blog visitors, hope you’re having a great weekend so far.  This morning I declared on Twitter that I wasn’t leaving my craft room today until I’d finished at least two projects.  Well, I finished three & started a fourth, which for me, is hugely impressive.

I said in last night’s post that Darcy’s projects on the PaperArtsy blog this week had been incredible & her final project had jaws dropping all over the place.  She divided it between two posts & you need to see both of them;

http://blog.paperartsy.co.uk/2013/05/darcy-wilkinson-4-house-of-books-part-1.html

http://blog.paperartsy.co.uk/2013/05/darcy-wilkinson-4-house-of-books-part-2.html

LOVE it!!

For my take, I chose to follow how she made her ‘wallpaper’, using paint, stencils & stamping to create unique patterned paper.

2013-05-30 001 2013-05-30 009

Here is mine.  I followed Darcy’s instructions & I like how it turned out.  Lots of lovely layers.  I decided to use the paper to make book covers.

2013-05-31 001 2013-05-31 005

I stuck the paper to two pieces of cardboard & used washi tape along the spine.  I hid the edge of the tape on the front cover with a scrap of ribbon.

2013-05-31 001 2013-05-31 006

I had the ‘Imagine’ already stamped on a piece of Core’dinations, so I covered it with a little distress ink – Dried Honey & Faded Jeans.  The little bird was in my stash, I put some Treasure Gold on it & added a black adhesive pearl for the eye.  The little embellishment at the bottom is a piece of grunge paper.  I painted it with Frescos – Nougat, Lilac & Eggplant – put it through an embossing folder, sanded it back a little & added Ruby TG.

2013-05-31 001 2013-05-31 004

For the inside of the covers, I followed Leandra’s corner, corner, side technique & stamped with assorted PA stamps.  I had painted the reverse of the patterned paper with Bora Bora fresco before I attached it to the cardboard pieces.

2013-05-31 001 2013-05-31 008

I spent ages thinking about the types of pages I wanted to put inside the covers, but couldn’t make a decision, so I made two simple tags instead.

2013-05-31 001 2013-05-31 003

I painted them with Blood Orange & Brown Shed frescos, then used Claret through a Swiss Dots stencil & added a little background stamping with coffee Archival, using the PA  splatters mini stamp.  The rest of the stamping was done with black Archival & the white highlighting with a Sakura pen.  The quotes are Inkadinkdo stamps, the others are PaperArtsy.

2013-05-31 001 2013-05-31 010

I really enjoyed making my PA inspired projects this week, thanks to Darcy for her wonderful creativity.

2013-05-31 001 2013-05-31 013

Thanks for visiting, enjoy the rest of the weekend.  Until next time,

Love & light

Advertisements

9 comments on “PaperArtsy Challenge–Inspired by Darcy Wilkinson

  • wow. you have been busy!! I love the paper you made for the cover, I really must have a go at this as soon as I can!! The rest of the project looks fabulous too.

  • Leave a Reply

    Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

    WordPress.com Logo

    You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

    Twitter picture

    You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

    Facebook photo

    You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

    Google+ photo

    You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

    Connecting to %s

    %d bloggers like this: