Hello! I didn’t think I was going to get this piece finished in time, but I did & I’m glad because I’m very happy with it. **Warning** This is a long post with lots of pictures, so feel free to skip to the end.
Liz created three stunning projects for the PaperArtsy blog this week & I’ve taken ideas from all of them. If you haven’t seen her amazing creations, please visit the PA blog & prepare to be blown away.
I used the Tando Creative shrine that I’d received from PaperArtsy as a blog prize some time ago. I chose to use Eggplant & Pea Coat as per Liz’ third project – such a fab combination – with Irish Cream as the base coat & Ice Blue & Very Berry in between & then Nougat in the centre. I used a baby wipe & tried not to blend all the colours.
Liz created her own word stencil on her first project, but as my handwriting is atrocious I die cut five of each letter out of black card, glued them together & attached them to the reverse of the shrine. Then I added grunge Paste on top & through a stencil.
I painted the back the same as the front & as I did so realised I hadn’t added any grunge paste drips.
When the drips had dried I continued painting & then added finished the back with Spanish Topaz treasure gold on the letters.
For the base I cut a piece of foam board & painted it with French Roast & Little black Dress frescos. I cut pieces of grunge paper with a Tim Holtz On The Edge die, painted the pieces with French Roast, Little Black Dress & Brown Shed, adding highlights of Spanish Topaz TG.
Time to think about embellishments. The bats are cut with a Sizzix die & highlighted with silver ink.
I crackled the glass vial with Mod Podge & TH Crackle paint, then added Brushed Corduroy & Antique Bronze distress stains. The flowers were sprayed with black Dylusions ink & Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearls mist.
I used PA dies to cut the leaves from shrink plastic & coloured them with various TH alcohol inks.
I painted the cork from the vial with Little Black Dress & attached the bead with Glossy Accents. To me, the bead looks as if it has a face, so I thought it suited this piece. I added some seed beads & then Glossy Accents to give the appearance of raindrops.
I used GP through my Roman Letters stencil on the front & brushed White Fire TG over it & on the edges.
That’s it. If you’ve made it this far, well done for persevering & thanks for looking. And many thanks to Liz for providing such wonderful inspiration this week. I think I’m going to enter this into the Halloween challenge on the Ranger Ink blog as well.
Unfortunately, I won’t be able to take part in the PA challenge next week, but I’m looking forward to seeing what gorgeous creations the new guest designer has in store for us. Until next time,
Love & light