Happy March 1st, blog visitors! I looked out the kitchen window this morning & there are FOUR daffodils in glorious bloom in the back garden – Spring is definitely on its way.
Here is today’s tag. It is number four in the Chocolate Baroque Alpha Tags Swap for 2012. I decided to see if I could pare everything back, stick to one main colour, use no backing papers or layers & this is the result.
D is for:
- Dusty Concord
- Chocolate Baroque Punky Romance & Patchwork Butterfly stamp collections
- Dusty Concord & Antique Linen distress inks
- Spellbinders Donna Salazar sprockets & gears dies
- Manilla tag
Step by Step:
- Stamp image with Dusty Concord, dry with heat tool.
- Put DC on craft sheet, spritz with water & with a small brush paint areas of image.
- When image is dry blend Antique Linen & DC inks over tag.
- Stamp butterfly from image on scrap paper, colour as above, dry & cut out wings, stick them to butterfly on tag.
- Die cut two small gears from mirri card, attach to tag.
- Add highlights & handwritten ‘Dream’ with silver ink.
- Add bling & ribbon.
That’s it. Maybe I shouldn’t blow my own trumpet, but I’m happy with this tag. If nothing else, I proved to myself that I don’t have to add lots of stuff to my projects.
Until next time – I’d like to say tomorrow, but it’s more likely to be Saturday – thanks for looking.
Love & light.